Breast Cancer Prevention Month!
We teamed up with BCPP, the only science-based advocacy organization working to eliminate toxic chemicals and environmental exposures linked to breast cancer to share tips on how to reduce your risk or reoccurrence of breast cancer.
Top Tips to Reduce Your Risk
or Reoccurrence of Breast Cancer
- Look for beauty companies that fully disclose their fragrance ingredients. Fragrance (or parfum) ingredients are often secret and can cause breast cancer, birth defects, air and water pollution, asthma, allergies + more.
- Be aware of “greenwashing”. The beauty industry is largely unregulated. Pay attention to certifications and educate yourself on what they mean.
- Check your beauty, dental, home, and menstrual care products for parabens and phthalates. Over time, exposure to these ingredients can effect hormone systems in your body.
- Use digital tools. To find out whether your go-to products are safe or not. Try Think Dirty’s shop clean app or Clearya.
- Visit BCPP’s website www.safecosmetics.org to learn more about how to avoid toxic ingredients.
WAYS TO SUPPORT BCPP
Intelligent I-N proudly supports Breast Cancer Prevention Partners (BCPP), a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit national organization working to eliminate toxic chemicals and other environmental exposures that lead to breast cancer. During the month of October, every I-N purchase will help contribute to a $2,500 donation to BCPP. In addition, BCPP is the recipient of I-N's consumer round up campaign through the end of 2022.
Donate directly to back BCPP’s efforts to identify and eliminate environmental causes of breast cancer and other diseases.
- Visit BCPP’s Take Action page: https://www.bcpp.org/take-action/ legislative changes that reduce breast cancer risk and grow the safer beauty for all campaign.